Sunday, June 10, 2012

Who am I and do you care to know?

Dear readers,

I am a wife and mom of two small children, who has left the teaching field.  I am coming out of a clinical depression and daily manage a constant level of anxiety .  Now I'm beginning to know myself and understand when and where my fractured ideas of myself were born.  I'm learning how they saved my life as a child but now how they are killing me as an adult.

This blog will include segments of my life as a child, a teen, a college student, a wife, a teacher, a  mother and now just me.  Once I become a mother the real work began and busted open any notions I had of coming close to being the "perfect" mom.  I am a woman of faith that has struggled with doubt and at times almost given up hope.   If my babbling, insights, and poetry  reaches out to just one of you out there, it will be enough. My desire is to make a positive impact in a honest way that bring us all closer to the person God designed us to be.

I will leave you with this quote I wrote while still in the deep depth of my depression:

Jesus will keep me afloat until I regain my hope.


Whatever truth you hang onto to get you through--even moment to moment it can be your life preserver until you have the strength to tread water and then swim back to your safe haven shore.

Honestly,
Deirdre Lee Standley

3 comments:

  1. Correction: lol I knew this would happen.

    Jesus WILL keep me afloat until I regain my hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this background SO much more than the first one... I like the dandelion puffballs. It is like you just took a deep breath and blew the little parachutes/seeds off. Great!

    ReplyDelete